Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I have been re reading my previous post and I wondered why on earth I wrote such a long post about school when that was not my intention at all. I didnt like my last post myself :( There were things that I wanted to say and somehow the whole post just ended up as too sentimental and nostalgia went a bit overboard. Hoping this post ll be better...

As I was saying in the previous post (believe it or not I covered only half my twelfth standard !!) elections were just over. I hardly remember what the next few months were like. Everything was a blur of tests. Soon enough, all the portions were over and it was time for the revision tests to begin. A few weeks before our half yearly exams were due to begin, we had our last P.T period. The teacher was unusually lenient and she left us to do what we liked. We just wandered around in groups and the period was almost over. I suppose thats when it suddenly struck everyone that we would never ever be as free again. Maybe we would have more freedom but undoubtedly it would come with the loss of innocence and in a sense we were stepping out of our safe shell...

And so, we all gathered around and I have no idea how it happened but we ended up singing a song about friendship( It was "Mustafa Mustafa" song and hearing that song even today reminds me of that day in school). Well, now it seems sort of childish to even say we did that and actually I was pretty embarassed even then but even so it was one of the most moving things I have ever experienced. No one cared that the bell rang and that we were supposed to be back in class for a test. I still remember walking back knowing that we would all grow different once we moved away and realising that things wont be the same anymore

Exams and what happened after that are a whole different story altogether. The things I miss most about school are many but if I had to mention something in particular it is this...when all that I had to worry about was if I would do well in my next test..I really miss that simple existence..but all the same, as Albus Dumbledore says "It doesn't do to dwell on memories".. but once in a while it is nice to look back and think about the things that were...

Until next time,
"When you miss something very much and you know you cant have it back, dont cry about it.. instead smile and be thankful that they happened"

1 Comment:

  1. HariHara Subrahmanyan said...
    well how simple life was in skool :) . Ya many miss their skool life.. But when v go out to work and v lose our emotions in running around like a dog, Someday thinking of events in coll v wud feel how emotional i was in my college and even tho' fights were ther i still liked few persons emotionally :)

Post a Comment