Thursday, August 20, 2009

Out of GRE and into CAT..

The last month has been quite hectic. My GRE preparation and assessments and everything else kept me quite busy, which is why I could not write any posts for so long. A few of my assessments were good and few very bad but if there is one thing I am happy about for the previous month its my GRE scores. Got 1460 which I think is a pretty decent score and I have started my application process and I am sort of excited about the whole thing.

On the other hand,I started my preparation for the next exam and its not going so good. I performed horribly in one of the easiest mock CAT tests I took recently and the worst part is I messed up even verbal which irritates the hell out of me and they say this is a time when you have to start consolidating and improving your percentiles. My percentiles seems to be dropping down with each test I write which is scary and frustrating.

Placements are another story altogether. Thank God there is a lull in the schedule or else I would have only ended up getting even more depressed if I had not been able to do well in the placements. So many people keep asking me why I have to do so many things at one time. And my answer usually is that I do not want to lose out on any opportunities and this answer sometimes rings true and sometimes sounds so hollow to even my own heart. And I still am trying to find out whether I am the "Don't- lose-opportunities" type or "Too- scared- to- risk- everything- for- one- goal" type..

Until next time,

"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. "- Leonard da Vinci

1 Comment:

  1. HariHara Subrahmanyan said...
    Its not as if u cant do it. And one test doesn tell u the real picture. Its just mock. If u see where u lost marks , u ll not repeat the mistake. So analyse performance as a critic. Never feel down coz of it. Coz the day when u clear CAT no1 gonna come and ask u "harini wot was ur AIMCAT score??". Instead u ll get call 4m people whom u never knew existed. All the very best :) Be a critic in reviewing performance but take the positives in each performance correct ur mistakes. Waiting to see u in great heights

Post a Comment